Part of my work focuses on finding ways to control fungal diseases on field, vegetable and ornamental crops. Over the years, our research group has concentrated its efforts on developing non-chemical and biological ways to reach its objectives. Our efforts toward elucidating the prophylactic properties of silicon as a beneficial element have paved the way to new scientific paradigms and applications in agriculture. Our team has also spearheaded the development of I one of the first biofungicides, now commercialized in Europe. The study and commercialization of new environment-friendly control tools require close collaboration between researchers and the private sector. In this context, our team has always worked closely with government authorities, the private sector and several other research groups.
2425, rue de l'Agriculture
Québec (Québec) G1V 0A6
418-656-2131 extension : 2758
Ph.D. Phytopathology, State University of New York
Développement d'un multiplex PCR pour le diagnostic des différentes races de Phytophthora sojae présentes au Canada
Caractérisation génétique de Phytophthora sojae, agent de la pourriture phytophthoréenne du soya
Identification de régions génétiques associées à la résistance horizontale du soja adapté au conditions canadiennes contre Phytophthora sojae
As SoyaGen’s Project co-Leader, I have to make sure that the project will achieve its expected objectives. I have to coordinate the science within the project and make links with partners and end-users.
I am in charge of Objectives 3 and 4. Objective 3 aims at developing molecular tools allowing the precise identification of races/pathotypes of P. sojae and H. glycines present in Canadian soybean fields in order to assist end-users in the development and selection of varieties resistant to these pathogens/pests. For its part, Objective 4 aims at combining phenotyping and genotyping approaches to identify resistance genes and markers that can be used in the development and release of soybean varieties resistant to the main pathogens/pest in Canada.
- Aliyeh Rasoolizadeh , Université Laval, PhD student
- Amandine Lebreton, Université Laval, Research Associate
- Benjamin Cinget, Université Laval, Post-Doctoral Fellow
- Caroline Labbé, Université Laval, Research Associate
- Chloé Dussault Benoit, Université Laval, MSc Student
- Devrim Coskun, Université Laval, Post-Doctoral Fellow
- Geneviève Arsenault-Labrecque, Université Laval, PhD student
- Huma Sonah, Université Laval, Visiting Professor
- Krishna Kumar, Université Laval, PhD Student
- Matteo Conti, Université Laval, MSc Student
- Maxime de Ronne, Université Laval, PhD student
- Rupesh Deshmukh, Université Laval, Visiting Professor
- Shiva Sheelavanta Matha, Université Laval, Post-Doctoral Fellow
- S. Parthasaraty, Université Laval, Post-Doctoral Fellow